I just dismounted my bike (ok, so I crawled onto the floor under the AC for about 10 minutes before writing this…). I biked 30 miles today in some pretty gnarly heat and humidity. I’ve been hydrating well daily, which is good, and I could feel that during my ride.
Post ride recovery fuel is so SO important. Your body just pushed for you and you need to feed it the right foods to recover. My standard workout recovery fuel is pancakes and pink juice!
Pancakes: Makes 3 medium sized fat pancakes. 305 calories and 29g protein!
- 1.5 scoops plant protein (150 calories, 21g protein)
- 1 banana mashed (~70 calories, ~1.5g protein)
- 1 medium egg (~70 calories, 6g protein)
- .5 c. unsweetened almond milk (15 calories, .5g protein)
Pink Drink: Makes 16oz. 15 calories, potassium, electrolytes, minerals and antioxidants
- 1 scoop Minerals and Antioxidants
- 16 ounces water
I ask my body to push with me during training. It continues to do so because I provide it with the fuel it needs to push, recover, and be strong!