I recently completed a 3-day pressed juicery cleanse. I’m no stranger to the cleanses and I wanted to share some of my tips and tricks for making it a successful cleanse/detox.
- If you drink a lot of caffeine or sugar, try cutting back in the week prior to the cleanse. It will save you a killer headache
- If you cleanse in the winter, warm water with lemon is a great way to stay warm instead of drinking cold water with lemon.
- Don’t chug your drinks. Drink them slower to saver the taste and give your body time to realize it’s full.
- After finishing a juice, rinse it out and fill it with water and drink one between each juice to stay hydrated (it sounds goofy, but you’ll wake up feeling so thirsty!)
- Juices are actually very acidic and harmful to your teeth. After drinking a juice make sure you rinse your mouth out with water, and try to drink them through a straw. Also make sure to floss and brush twice a day to help save your enamel.
- You will be sluggish, if you’re up to it, a nice brisk walk or some yoga is a great way to keep moving. You will be tired but you need to make sure to add some light physical activity to your cleanse.
- Invite a friend to join you. It’s so much easier (psychologically) to go through the hunger pangs with a friend.
- You may become constipated during this cleanse (believe it or not) and you may want a lite laxative to assist with this.
- DETOX BATH. A hot bath with 2 cups of epsom salt and 2 cups of baking soda for at least 20 minutes will help pull toxins from your body. It’s important to do this at least once during the cleanse.
These are just some of the tips I’ve learned through doing cleanses. Check back in tomorrow to see the best way to break your cleanse!